Why we Sale Popcorn
The focus of the Trail’s End popcorn sale is for Packs to have a well funded program. It takes money to run a quality Scouting program. The Pack Committee is committed to providing that quality program while not nickel and diming families to death. Boy Scouts of America has choosen the Trail’s-End Popcorn sale as a way to support our Pack and Troops to earn money for their program and as a way to support camp operations at Bovay Scout Ranch and Camp Strake.
Benefits to Your Scout and Family:
- Teaches Scouts the value & process of setting and working toward goals
- Gives Scouts a strong sense of accomplishment through recognition
- Enhances communication, leadership skills and confidence in your Scout
- Scouts can earn valuable rewards including gift cards and prizes
- Scouts can pay their way. If you scout meets the goal below, their Pack dues will be waived.
Selling at Work
- The Scout with his Akela goes door to door with a Take Order Form. Take Order Forms will be provided during the Popcorn Kickoff.
- The customer writes his/her order on the Take Order Form and the Scout collects the money.
- The Scout processes the order and delivers the Popcorn to the Customer in a few weeks.
- Mom and/or Dad take an order form to their work.
- Fellow co-workers write their order on the order form and Mom and/or Dad collects the money.
- Mom and/or Dad deliver product in a few weeks.
Show and Sells
- If you are interested in selling online, please contact the Popcorn Kernel to register.
- The Scout communicates his Order Key via email, phone, and so on, to potential or existing customers. The Customer can go online and purchase popcorn with a Credit Card
- The Product is shipped directly from to the customer and the Scout and Unit receive credit for the Sale.
Scouts can also create their own Show and Sell
- Show and Sells make up a big part of our popcorn program. We've obtained permission from local businesses to set up a sales table. Show and Sells have plenty of products on-hand for people to buy. Different Scouts work at the table in shifts. Always have adult supervision.
- Check the calendar for show and sell times and other important details.
- By reaching out to local businesses and getting permission to set up a table for sales. If you do, be sure to let us know. We're happy to help you help us by coordinating other Scout's participation and providing the popcorn!
Signing up for Show and Sells
- Please contact the Popcorn Kernel to sign up for Show and Sells
- Scouts should participate in as many Show and Sells as possible
Prizes and Rewards:
- Popcorn Sale Prizes (see popcorn prize flier)
- $500 Club (Council)
- $1000 Club (Council)
- Fill-a-sheet Drawing: 1 entry per sales sheet filled (Council)
- 1st Scout to sell $250 will receive a prize (Pack)
- Prize Drawing: 1 enter per $100 of popcorn sold (Pack)
- Pack Goal Award: If pack meets overall sales goal, there will be a special surprise
Our fundraising effort helps to make Scouting a great experience for our sons, siblings and parents. Here is a just a small sampling of the activities supported by your fund raising efforts and participation:
Parent Action Items
- Pack/Den supplies
- Spring Camp out
- Pack meeting refreshments
- Pinewood derby kits, trophies
- Family Camp
- Rain Gutter Regatta boat kits, races
- Rocket kits, launches
- Blue and Gold Celebration
- Scout patches, badges and recognition awards
Popcorn Online Sales
August 1st - November 23
Show and Sell
September 1st - 30th
Order Forms/Money/Prizes Due